1. to step on; to tread on; to trample on
2. to set foot on (e.g. foreign soil); to stand on; to visit
3. to experience; to undergo
4. to follow (rules, principles, etc.); to go through (e.g. formalities); to complete
5. to estimate; to guess; to judge; to value; to appraise
- I had expected stronger resistance from the enemy but if anything there are less of them as we advance to the centre... Don't you think that's strange?
6. to rhymeSee also 韻を踏む
7. to succeed to (e.g. the throne)
履む 【ふむ】、践む 【ふむ】
Log in to talk about this word.