Words — 143 found
寝 【しん】、寝 【い】
い: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to lie down
- ね 。
- I lay on my face.
2. to go to bed; to lie in bed
- ね 。
- I'll be in bed by the time you get home.
3. to sleep (lying down)See also 眠る
- つか 、
- Last night, I was so tired that I fell asleep with the TV on.
4. to sleep (with someone, i.e. have intercourse)
5. to lie idle
寐る: Out-dated kanji.
1. sleeping in late; oversleeping
2. late riser; sleepyhead
寐坊: Out-dated kanji.
1. to put to bed
2. to lay down lengthwise; to put a thing on its side
3. to set something aside unused; to let lie idle
4. to ferment; to lay down (wine)
Common word Links
2. BedroomA bedroom is a private room where people usually sleep fo... Read more
- ちゅう 、
- I talk in my sleep very often.
2. nonsense; gibberish
3. SomniloquySomniloquy or sleep-talking is a parasomnia that refers t... Read more
1. to go to bed; to go to sleep; to fall asleep
- ねつ 。
- I went to sleep about 10 o'clock.
2. to be laid up (with a cold); to be ill in bed
- ねつ 。
- My father is still ill in bed.
1. to lie down; to throw oneself downSee also 寝転がる ねころがる
1. turning over while sleeping in bedSee also 寝返りを打つ
2. betrayal; double-crossing
- This rat, up until just now he was my partner and now he's gone and turned on me.
1. bed; berth; crib; cot; kip; bedroom
1. to be still half asleep; to be half awake; to be not yet quite awake
1. to put to sleep; to lay (something) on its side
1. lack of sleep; insufficient sleep
1. to stay in bed; to sleep; to be laid up for a long time
1. to sprawl; to lie sprawled; to stretch oneself out; to lie relaxed on one's side