Words — 143 found
寝 【しん】、寝 【い】
い: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to sleep (lying down)See also 眠る
- ね 。
- The baby was sleeping all day long.
2. to go to bed; to lie in bed
- Brush your teeth before going to bed.
3. to lie down
- ね 。
- The boy lay on his back, basking in the spring sunshine.
4. to sleep (with someone, i.e. have intercourse)
5. to lie flat (e.g. of hair)
6. to lie idle (of funds, stock, etc.)
7. to ferment (of soy sauce, miso, etc.)
寐る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. sleeping in late; oversleeping
2. late riser; sleepyhead
寐坊: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to put to bed
2. to lay down lengthwise; to put a thing on its side
3. to set something aside unused; to let lie idle
4. to ferment; to lay down (wine)
Common word Links
2. BedroomA bedroom is a private room where people usually sleep fo... Read more
- ちゅう 、
- I talk in my sleep very often.
2. nonsense; gibberish
3. SomniloquySomniloquy or sleep-talking is a parasomnia that refers t... Read more
1. to go to bed; to go to sleep; to fall asleep
- ねつ 。
- I went to sleep about 10 o'clock.
2. to be laid up (with a cold); to be ill in bed
- ねつ 。
- My father is still ill in bed.
1. to lie down; to throw oneself downSee also 寝転がる ねころがる
1. turning over in bed; rolling over; tossing and turningSee also 寝返りを打つ
- She is tossing and turning in bed.
2. betrayal; double-crossing
- This rat, up until just now he was my partner and now he's gone and turned on me.
1. bed; berth; crib; cot; kip; bedroom
1. to be still half asleep; to be half awake; to be not yet quite awake
1. to put to sleep; to lay (something) on its side
1. lack of sleep; insufficient sleep
1. to fall fast asleep
2. to be confined to one's bed; to be laid up
1. to sprawl; to lie sprawled; to stretch oneself out; to lie relaxed on one's side