Words — 2 found
1. to bear; to stand; to endure; to put up with
- I can not stand that noise.
2. to support; to withstand; to resist; to brave
- Does this house withstand earthquakes?
3. to be fit for; to be equal to
1. to bear; to stand; to endure; to put up withUsually written using kana alone, See also 耐える たえる
2. to restrain; to control; to keep a check onUsually written using kana alone
3. to forgive; to put up with; to pardonUsually written using kana alone
怺える 【こらえる】、堪える 【こたえる】
怺える: Rarely-used kanji form.