Words — 39 found
1. to strike; to hit; to beat; to knock; to pound; to bang; to slap; to spank; to tap; to pat; to clap (one's hands); to play (the drums)
- A stranger beat urgently at the front door.
2. to attack; to bash; to criticize; to censure; to flame (on the Internet)
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
3. to sound out (someone's views)
4. to pound (meat or fish); to chop into small pieces
5. to beat down the price
6. to talk (big, bad, idly, etc.)as ...口を叩く
7. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computing
敲く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to drive into (e.g. a nail into a board); to hit into (e.g. a home run into the stands)
2. to throw into (e.g. jail)
3. to drum into (someone) (an idea, skill, etc.); to hammer into; to drill into
- おも 。
- I intend to hammer this idea into the student's heads.
たたき込む 【たたきこむ】、叩きこむ 【たたきこむ】
1. to throw violently against; to slam against; to strike; to slap something onto; to dash (e.g. to the floor)
2. to thrust at someone (e.g. a letter)
叩き付ける 【たたきつける】、たたき付ける 【たたきつける】
1. to begin to strike
2. to kick out; to forcefully expel; to fire (someone)
- たたきだ 。
- She beat off a big snake with a plastic toy bat.
3. to hammer (pattern, etc.) into metal
1. to wake up; to rouse out of bed
2. to knock on the door and wake someone
叩き起こす 【たたきおこす】、たたき起こす 【たたきおこす】
Common word Links
1. finely chopped fish or meat (sometimes seared first); minceFood, cooking
2. hitting (e.g. a drum); striking; beating; person who strikes something
3. bashing; criticizing; attackingSee also 日本叩き
4. robbery; extortionSlang
5. whipping (Edo-period punishment); lashing; floggingHistorical term
1. click beetle; skipjack (beetle of family Elateridae)Usually written using kana alone
2. Click beetleThe family Elateridae is commonly called click beetles (o... Read more
米搗き虫 【こめつきむし】、叩頭虫 【こめつきむし】、額突虫 【こめつきむし】、叩頭虫 【ぬかずきむし】、叩頭虫 【ぬかつきむし】、額突虫 【ぬかずきむし】、額突虫 【ぬかつきむし】、コメツキムシ
1. to dust; to remove dustUsually written using kana alone
2. to slap; to hit (with the palm)Usually written using kana alone
3. to use up moneyUsually written using kana alone
- か 。
- I spent all the savings I had on this.
1. chopping blockSee also 叩く たたく
2. springboard for discussion; draft proposal; tentative plan
叩き台 【たたきだい】、敲き台 【たたきだい】
1. to hack; to chop (firewood, meat, etc.); to chop off (e.g. a head)
叩き斬る 【たたききる】、たたき切る 【たたききる】、たたき斬る 【たたききる】、叩ききる 【たたききる】
1. to strike (each other); to come to blows; to fight (each other)
2. to speak (to each other)
叩き会う: Irregular kanji usage.