Words — 35 found
1. to strike; to clap; to knock; to beat; to tap; to pat
- An ugly man knocked on my door.
2. to play drums
3. to abuse; to bash; to flame (e.g. on the Internet); to insult
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
4. to consult; to sound out
5. to brag; to talk big
6. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computer terminology
敲く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to throw violently against; to slam against; to strike; to slap something onto; to dash (e.g. to the floor)
2. to thrust at someone (e.g. a letter)
叩き付ける 【たたきつける】、たたき付ける 【たたきつける】
1. to drive into (e.g. a nail into a board); to hit into (e.g. a home run into the stands)
2. to throw into (e.g. jail)
3. to drum into (someone) (an idea, skill, etc.); to hammer into; to drill into
- おも 。
- I intend to hammer this idea into the student's heads.
たたき込む 【たたきこむ】、叩きこむ 【たたきこむ】
1. to begin to strike
2. to kick out; to forcefully expel; to fire (someone)
- たたきだ 。
- She beat off a big snake with a plastic toy bat.
3. to hammer (pattern, etc.) into metal
1. to wake up; to rouse out of bed
2. to knock on the door and wake someone
叩き起こす 【たたきおこす】、たたき起こす 【たたきおこす】
Common word Links
1. mince (minced meat or fish)Only applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き, Only applies to タタキ
2. seared skipjack tunaOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き, See also 鰹
3. robbery; extortionSlang, Only applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き
4. hard-packed dirt (clay, gravel, etc.) floor; concrete floorusu. 三和土 (gikun)
5. whipping; lashing; beatingOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to タタキ
6. criticizing; bashing; flamingOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to タタキ
敲き 【たたき】、三和土 【たたき】、タタキ
1. click beetle; skipjack (beetle of family Elateridae)Usually written using kana alone
2. Click beetleThe family Elateridae is commonly called click beetles (o... Read more
米搗き虫 【こめつきむし】、叩頭虫 【こめつきむし】、額突虫 【こめつきむし】、叩頭虫 【ぬかずきむし】、叩頭虫 【ぬかつきむし】、額突虫 【ぬかずきむし】、額突虫 【ぬかつきむし】、コメツキムシ
1. chopping blockSee also 叩く たたく
2. springboard for discussion; draft proposal; tentative plan
叩き台 【たたきだい】、敲き台 【たたきだい】
1. ringing one's chopsticks against a dish (in order to request seconds, etc.) (a breach of etiquette)
1. to strike (each other); to come to blows; to fight (each other)
2. to speak (to each other)
叩き会う: Irregular kanji usage.