Words — 59 found
1. to lose (something)Usually written using kana alone
- She lost her new watch.
2. to get rid of; to eliminate; to remove; to eradicate; to abolishUsually written using kana alone
- To get the nation's economy out of the red, more foreign aid had to be pumped in.
失くす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to die; to pass away
1. to go to ruin; to go under; to fall; to be destroyed; to die out; to become extinct; to perish
1. to destroy; to overthrow; to wreck; to ruin
亡ぼす 【ほろぼす】、滅す 【ほろぼす】
滅す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. fleeing from one's country; seeking asylum; defection; emigration (for political reasons); (going into) exile; becoming a (political) refugee
2. DefectionIn politics, a defector is a person who gives up allegian... Read more
1. departed spirit; soul of the dead
2. ghost; apparition
3. GhostIn traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or... Read more
1. the dead; ghostBuddhism
2. person who is obsessed (with money, power, etc.); person with a blind lust (for)usu. as 〜の亡者
1. to be ruined; to go under; to perish; to be destroyedSee also 滅びる