Words — 150 found
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. Sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. dirt; filth; grime
2. account (e.g. online service)See also アカ, 垢 is ateji
1. greeting; greetings; salutation; salute; polite set phrase used when meeting or parting from somebody
- She greeted us with a smile.
2. polite set phrase used to express apology, sympathy, congratulations, etc.
- もうしあ 。
- Please allow me to say a few words on this occasion.
3. speech (congratulatory or appreciative); address
- こま 。
- I was at a loss for an answer.
4. reply; response
5. revenge; retaliationSlang
6. a fine thing to sayJocular, humorous term, used sarcastically as a response to a rude remark; usu. in the form of ご挨拶
7. dialoging (with another Zen practitioner to ascertain their level of enlightenment)See also 一挨一拶, orig. meaning
8. relationship (between people); connectionArchaism
9. intervention; mediation; mediatorArchaism
10. GreetingGreeting is an act of communication in which human beings... Read more
Common word Links
1. three dimensions; three dimensional; 3D; 3-D
2. real world; IRL (in real life)Slang, Jocular, humorous term, as opposed to the two dimensions of anime and manga
1. seven wonders (of a particular area)See also 世界の七不思議
2. total mystery; enigma; conundrumJocular, humorous term
1. principal object of worship at a temple (usu. a buddha or bodhisattva); principal image; idol
- Do you know which deity this temple is dedicated to?
2. the man himself; the person at the heart of the matterJocular, humorous term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. thank you (for the meal); that was a delicious mealUsually written using kana alone
2. thank you (for displaying lovey-dovey behaviour)Usually written using kana alone, Jocular, humorous term
ご馳走さま 【ごちそうさま】、御馳走様 【ごちそうさま】
1. John Doe; Mr. NobodyColloquialism, Jocular, humorous term
2. John DoeThe names "John Doe" for males and "Jane Doe" or "Jane Ro... Read more
1. Christmas cake
2. unmarried woman above the age of 25Jocular, humorous term, Dated term
3. Christmas cakeChristmas cake is a type of fruitcake served at Christmas... Read more
1. mountain (or hill) behind a house, village, etc.
2. side of a mountain that gets little sunshine
3. envious; jealous; jellySlang, Jocular, humorous term, See also うらやましい, pun on うらやましい
1. mountain godOnly applies to やまのかみ
2. one's wife (esp. a nagging wife)Jocular, humorous term, Only applies to やまのかみ
3. roughskin sculpin (Trachidermus fasciatus)Usually written using kana alone
5. Yama-no-KamiYama-no-Kami (山の神) is the name given to a kami of the mou... Read more
1. useless book learning; knowing the theory but being unable to put it into practice; practising swimming on a tatami matIdiomatic expression, Jocular, humorous term
1. car painted with anime characters; painful car (because some people consider it painful to look at)Colloquialism, Jocular, humorous term
2. Itasha, literally "painmobile", is a Japanese term for an otaku... Read more
1. arriving at work late as if one were an executive; management attendance at workJocular, humorous term, Yojijukugo (four character compound)