Words — 130 found
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. dirt; filth; grime
2. account (e.g. online service)See also アカ, 垢 is ateji
1. greeting; greetings; salutation; salute; polite set phrase used when meeting or parting from somebody
- She greeted us with a smile.
2. polite set phrase used to express apology, sympathy, congratulations, etc.
- もうしあ 。
- Please allow me to say a few words on this occasion.
3. speech (congratulatory or appreciative); address
- こま 。
- I was at a loss for an answer.
4. reply; response
5. revenge; retaliationSlang
6. a fine thing to sayJocular, humorous term, used sarcastically as a response to a rude remark; usu. in the form of ご挨拶
7. dialoging (with another Zen practitioner to ascertain their level of enlightenment)See also 一挨一拶, orig. meaning
8. relationship (between people); connectionArchaism
9. intervention; mediation; mediatorArchaism
10. GreetingGreeting is an act of communication in which human beings... Read more
Common word Links
1. three dimensions; three dimensional; 3D; 3-D
2. real world; IRL (in real life)Slang, Jocular, humorous term, as opposed to the two dimensions of anime and manga
1. seven wonders (of a particular area)See also 世界の七不思議
2. total mystery; enigma; conundrumJocular, humorous term
1. principal object of worship at a temple (usu. a buddha or bodhisattva); principal image; idol
- Do you know which deity this temple is dedicated to?
2. the man himself; the person at the heart of the matterJocular, humorous term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. thank you (for the meal); that was a delicious mealUsually written using kana alone
2. thank you (for displaying lovey-dovey behaviour)Usually written using kana alone, Jocular, humorous term
ご馳走さま 【ごちそうさま】、御馳走様 【ごちそうさま】
1. John Doe; Mr. NobodyColloquialism, Jocular, humorous term
2. John DoeThe names "John Doe" for males and "Jane Doe" or "Jane Ro... Read more
1. mountain (or hill) behind a house, village, etc.
2. side of a mountain that gets little sunshine
3. envious; jealous; jellySlang, Jocular, humorous term, See also うらやましい, pun on うらやましい
1. mountain godOnly applies to やまのかみ
2. one's wife (esp. a nagging wife)Jocular, humorous term, Only applies to やまのかみ
3. roughskin sculpin (Trachidermus fasciatus)Usually written using kana alone
5. Yama-no-KamiYama-no-Kami (山の神) is the name given to a kami of the mou... Read more
1. useless book learning; knowing the theory but being unable to put it into practice; practising swimming on a tatami matIdiomatic expression, Jocular, humorous term
2. Italian car; European carAbbreviation, Only applies to イタ車, original meaning
3. Itasha, literally "painmobile", is a Japanese term for an otaku... Read more
1. arriving at work late as if one were an executive; management attendance at workJocular, humorous term, Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. being once divorced; one-time divorcee; one x mark, i.e. one name struck from the kosekiUsually written using kana alone, Jocular, humorous term, See also 戸籍
ばつ一 【ばついち】、バツ１ 【バツいち】、バツイチ
1. trouser zipper (mainly for males); flyColloquialism, Jocular, humorous term