Words — 45 found
1. activity (esp. energetic); great efforts; conspicuous service
- I see you're doing very well in your business.
2. to flourish; to participate actively; to play an active role
- おも 。
- I hope things have been going well for you.
1. leaping; activity
- I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark.
2. leapfrog (over a problem); making a leap (e.g. in logic)
- There is a leap of logic in what he says.
3. making great strides; making rapid progress
5. becoming active; playing an active part
1. making rapid progress; making great advances; rush; dash; onslaught
Common word Links
1. suddenly (rising to fame, etc.); instantly; immediately; overnight
2. one bound; one leaporig. meaning
1. to leap out (e.g. onto the stage); to spring out
2. to jump (e.g. into first place); to shoot (e.g. to the top); to come to the forefront; to suddenly become prominent
1. demonstrative of one's worth; worthy of one's reputation; living up to one's name; characteristically masterfulYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. bolstering one's reputation; enhancing one's prestige; winning one honour; doing one creditYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. leaping; jumping; spring; exciting
1. to jump up; to spring up; to leapSee also 踊る
2. to move around; to bounce up and down
3. to pound (of one's heart, e.g. with excitement); to throb
4. to be messy (of handwriting); to be untidy
1. jerk; surge; lurch; derivative of acceleration with respect to timePhysics terminology
2. Jerk (physics)In physics, jerk, also known as jolt, surge and lurch, is... Read more
1. iteration mark (used to represent repetition of the previous character); ditto mark
2. Iteration markIteration marks are characters or punctuation marks that ... Read more
踊字 【おどりじ】、躍り字 【おどりじ】、躍字 【おどりじ】
踊字: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. behind-the-scenes maneuvering; behind-the-scenes manoeuvering; secret maneuvers; secret manoeuvresYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to spring up; to leap to one's feet; to jump up and down
踊り上がる 【おどりあがる】、おどり上がる 【おどりあがる】
1. all of creation following their original natures, living and enjoying themselves freely; the kites fly and the fish leapYojijukugo (four character compound), Obscure term
2. Heaven's will that all of creation shall follow their original natures and live freelyYojijukugo (four character compound), Obscure term
3. as a ruler's benevolence spreads, the people will find their places in the land based on their abilitiesYojijukugo (four character compound), Obscure term