Words — 233 found
1. language; dialectSee also 言語
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
2. word; words; phrase; term; expression; remarkSee also 単語
- Words failed me.
3. speech; (manner of) speaking
- あ 。
- Such language doesn't harmonize with his character.
4. learning to speak; language acquisition
5. Ci (poetry)Ci is a kind of lyric Classical Chinese poetry using a se... Read more
詞 【ことば】、辞 【ことば】、言葉 【けとば】
けとば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. verblinguistics terminology
2. VerbA verb, from the Latin verbum meaning word, is a word tha... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. pronounlinguistics terminology
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. nounlinguistics terminology
2. NounPut simply, a noun is a word used to name a person, place... Read more
なことば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. adjective; i-adjective (in Japanese)linguistics terminology
2. AdjectiveIn grammar, an adjective is a 'describing' word; the main... Read more
1. adverblinguistics terminology
2. AdverbAn adverb is a part of speech that changes the meaning of... Read more
1. particle; postpositional word in Japanese grammar that functions as an auxiliary to a main wordlinguistics terminology
2. Japanese particlesJapanese particles, joshi or teniwoha, are suffixes or sh... Read more
1. song lyrics; words of a song; libretto
2. LyricsLyrics (in singular form lyric) are a set of words that m... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. conjunctionlinguistics terminology
2. Conjunction (grammar)In grammar, a conjunction (abbreviated CONJ or CNJ) is a ... Read more
1. part of speechlinguistics terminology
2. Part of speechIn grammar, a part of speech (also a word class, a lexica... Read more
1. speech; words; one's lines; remarksUsually written using kana alone
2. Dialogue in writingDialogue in fiction is a verbal exchange between two or m... Read more
科白 【せりふ】、科白 【かはく】、台詞 【だいし】、セリフ
Common word Links
1. password; watchword
2. motto; slogan
合い言葉 【あいことば】、合い詞 【あいことば】
JLPT N1 Links
1. auxiliary verb (in Japanese); inflecting suffix or encliticlinguistics terminology, See also 補助動詞, e.g. ます, ない, た
2. auxiliary verb (in other languages); verb forming the mood, tense, etc. of other verbslinguistics terminology
1. ritual prayer; invocation of the gods participating in a riteShinto term
- のりと ？」「
- "What is she saying?" "You don't even know 'norito'?" "Norito?" "It's something like a Shinto spell."
2. congratulatory addressOnly applies to しゅくし, See also 祝辞 しゅくじ
祝詞 【しゅくし】、祝詞 【のっと】、祝詞 【のと】
1. infinitivelinguistics terminology
2. InfinitiveIn grammar, infinitive is the name for certain verb forms... Read more
1. participlelinguistics terminology
2. ParticipleIn linguistics, a participle is a word that shares some c... Read more
1. irregular verblinguistics terminology
2. Irregular verbIn contrast to regular verbs, irregular verbs are those v... Read more
1. countable nounlinguistics terminology
2. Count nounIn linguistics, a count noun (also countable noun) is a c... Read more