Words — 111 found
1. town; block; neighbourhood; neighborhoodesp. 町
- Snow completely covered the town.
2. downtown; main streetOnly applies to 街
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
3. street; road
4. 109.09 mOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
5. 0.99 hectaresOnly applies to 町, Only applies to ちょう
街 【まち】、町 【ちょう】
1. low-lying part of a city (usu. containing shops, factories, etc.)
2. Shitamachi (low-lying area of eastern Tokyo near Tokyo Bay, incl. Asakusa, Shitaya, Kanda, Fukugawa, Honjo, Nihonbashi, Kyobashi and surrounds)See also 山の手
1. castle town; city in Japan that developed around the castle of a feudal lord
2. Castle townA castle town is a settlement built adjacent to or surrou... Read more
1. townscape; street (of stores and houses); (look of) stores and houses on street
町並 【まちなみ】、街並み 【まちなみ】、街並 【まちなみ】
1. outskirts (of a town); edge (of a town); just outside the city limits
街外れ 【まちはずれ】、町はずれ 【まちはずれ】、街はずれ 【まちはずれ】
1. cities, towns and villages; municipalities
2. Municipalities of JapanJapan has three levels of government: national, prefectur... Read more
1. (Edo-period) town magistrate
2. Machi-bugyōMachi-bugyō were samurai officials of the Tokugawa shogun... Read more
1. townspeople; townsfolk; commoner; civilian; merchant; tradesman; tradeswoman; tradespeople; artisan; members of the lowest Edo-period social class (comprising commoners not involved in farming)
2. Chōninwas a social class that emerged in Japan during the early... Read more
まちにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.