Words — 158 found
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. proxy; ringer; substitute; double
- The police followed a red herring while they let the true criminal escape.
2. second serving of noodles (to add to previously purchased ramen)
1. New Year's gift (usu. money given to a child by relatives and visitors)See also 年玉
1. soap bubble
2. Soap bubbleA soap bubble is a thin film of soapy water enclosing air... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. precious stone (esp. jade)also formerly read as ごく
- The boss said this group is a real mixed bag. I wonder if he places me with the wheat or the chaff.
2. egg (sometimes esp. as a sushi topping)Food term
3. stock or security being traded; product being bought or sold
- The checked player must find a way for the king to escape and block the check.
4. position (in finance, the amount of a security either owned or owed by an investor or dealer)See also 建玉
6. time charge for a geishaAbbreviation, See also 玉代
7. king (of the junior player)Shogi term, Abbreviation, See also 玉将
1. gunshot; bullet
2. lost messenger; truant messenger; non-returner
3. bull's-eye (candy)
1. fit of anger; temper; rage
- Fred has very little patience, and it doesn't take much to make him fly off the handle.
疳癪玉 【かんしゃくだま】、かんしゃく玉 【かんしゃくだま】
1. Saitama (city, prefecture)the city name is officially written with hiragana
1. comma-shaped jewelsArchaism
2. Magatama, less frequently (曲玉), are curved, comma-shaped beads th... Read more
1. jewel; gem
2. gem (of a story, essay, etc.); accomplished work; beautiful pieceusu. as 珠玉の〜