Words — 155 found
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. proxy; ringer; substitute; double
- The police followed a red herring while they let the true criminal escape.
2. second serving of noodles (to add to previously purchased ramen)
1. New Year's gift (usu. money given to a child by relatives and visitors)See also 年玉
1. soap bubble
2. Soap bubbleA soap bubble is a thin film of soapy water enclosing air... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. precious stone (esp. jade)also formerly read as ごく
- The boss said this group is a real mixed bag. I wonder if he places me with the wheat or the chaff.
2. egg (sometimes esp. as a sushi topping)Food term
3. stock or security being traded; product being bought or sold
- The checked player must find a way for the king to escape and block the check.
4. position (in finance, the amount of a security either owned or owed by an investor or dealer)See also 建玉
6. time charge for a geishaAbbreviation, See also 玉代
7. king (of the junior player)Shogi term, Abbreviation, See also 玉将
1. gunshot; bullet
2. lost messenger; truant messenger; non-returner
3. bull's-eye (candy)
1. fit of anger; temper; rage
- Fred has very little patience, and it doesn't take much to make him fly off the handle.
疳癪玉 【かんしゃくだま】、かんしゃく玉 【かんしゃくだま】
1. comma-shaped jewelsArchaism
2. Magatama, less frequently (曲玉), are curved, comma-shaped beads th... Read more