Words — 224 found
1. stairs; stairway; staircase
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
1. usual; normal; everyday; habitual; ordinaryorig. written as 不断
2. usually; normally; generally; habitually; always
普段: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. step; stair; rung; (flight of) steps
- He jumped up the steps three at a time.
2. shelf; layer; tier
3. grade; level; class
4. dan (degree of advanced proficiency in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.); rank
5. paragraph; passage
6. column (of print)
7. act (in kabuki, joruri, etc.); section; scene
8. row of the multiplication table (e.g. five times table)
9. stage (in a process); phase; occasion; time; moment; situation
10. matter; occasionFormal or literary term, as ...の段
11. degree; extentas ...どころの段ではない, ...という段じゃない, etc.
12. counter for breaks in written language or speech
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. trousers; pantsUsually written using kana alone, From French “jupon”
2. TrousersTrousers are an item of clothing worn from the waist to t... Read more
洋袴: Rarely-used kanji form. 段袋: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. stage; step; phase
- The disease is still in the primary stage.
2. level; rank; grade; gradation
4. stairsSee also 階段
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. even more; still more; much more; furtherusu. 〜と
- うつく 。
- She was all the more beautiful dressed in her wedding costume.
2. one step; one rung; one level; one grade; one rank
3. one paragraph; one passage
2. end; stopping place; conclusion
3. ParagraphA paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside... Read more
1. triple jump; hop, step and jump
2. Triple jumpThe triple jump (sometimes referred to as the hop, step a... Read more
1. dramatic (improvement); remarkable (difference); marked; noticeable
2. (far) better; exceptional
1. reaching a stopping place; settling down (before the next stage); getting to a point where one can rest; completing the first stage (of the work)
2. one paragraph
一段落 【ひとだんらく】、ひと段落 【ひとだんらく】
1. everyday clothes; ordinary clothes; casual wear; informal dress
ふだん着 【ふだんぎ】、不断着 【ふだんぎ】
1. present stage; current phase
- At this point, I'm unable to comment on that problem.
2. current rank; present grade
1. trying to think of a way (to do); devising means (to do); working out (how to do)
2. contriving (to raise money); managing
1. wildly different (in ability, strength, etc.); on another level; in a different league; a world apart; far better
2. of different heights; uneven
1. lower tier; lower step; lower column; lower berth; bottom shelf
2. low position (of a sword in kendo, etc.)