Words — 318 found
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. book; volume; scriptSee also ご本 ごほん
- よ 。
- I read the book up to page 80 yesterday.
2. this; present
- The high performance and the elegant design of this model have combined to give it a high reputation.
3. main; head
4. real; regular
5. counter for long cylindrical things; counter for films, TV shows, etc.; counter for goals, home runs, etc.; counter for telephone callssometimes pronounced ぼん or ぽん
- も 。
- I have a bottle of whiskey.
1. root; source; origin; foundation; base; principle
根源 【こんげん】、根原 【こんげん】、根本 【ねもと】、根元 【ねもと】、根本 【こんぽん】
1. script; screenplay; scenario
2. ScreenplayA screenplay or script is a written work by screenwriters... Read more
1. basics; fundamentals; basis; foundation
1. originally; by nature; from the startUsually written using kana alone
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. model; pattern
- Model your manners on his.
2. JapanJapan Listen/dʒəˈpæn/ (Japanese: 日本 Nihon or Nippon; form... Read more
1. picture book
2. Picture bookA picture book combines visual and verbal narratives in a... Read more
1. funds; capital
2. Capital (economics)In economics, capital, capital goods, or real capital are... Read more
1. manuscript (book); written copy of a book; codex; transcription; copying
2. Manuscript50x40px This article may need to be rewritten entirely to... Read more
1. book making (binding, publishing)
2. BookbindingBookbinding is the process of physically assembling a boo... Read more
1. one long cylindrical thing; one film, TV show, etc.; one goal, home run, etc.; one telephone callSee also 本 ほん
- い 。
- "Give me a fresh bottle," he said.
2. one version
3. one book; a certain book
4. ippon; one point; a blowMartial arts term
5. geishaSee also 半玉 はんぎょく
6. single-minded focus on ...after a noun, usu. as 〜一本で, 〜 一本に, etc.
8. IpponIppon literally "one full point", it is the highest score... Read more
1. secondhand book
- はら 。
- I paid double the price for the secondhand book.
2. ancient book; antiquarian booksOnly applies to こほん
3. Used bookA used book or secondhand book is a book which has been o... Read more
古本 【ふるぼん】、古本 【こほん】
1. herbaceous plant; herb
2. GrassGrasses, or more technically graminoids, are monocotyledo... Read more