Words — 53 found
1. to be temperate in; to refrain; to abstain; to hold back; to restrain oneself from excessive ...
- You should refrain from smoking.
2. to make notes; to jot down (e.g. phone number)
- しじ 。
- The teacher told the pupils to put those words down in their notebooks.
3. to be in preparation for; to be in waiting for
4. to be soon; to be in the offing
- She was nervous before the entrance exam.
5. to be in a close relationship (e.g. as a backer, etc.)
- The small retail outlet is only a front for a much larger entity.
1. moderate; reserved; conservative; humble; mild-mannered; self-effacing; unassuming; well-behaved; low-key; temperate; in small quantities
控え目 【ひかえめ】、ひかえ目 【ひかえめ】、控目 【ひかえめ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. waiting room; anteroom; antechamber; green room
1. tax deduction; deduction from taxable income; income exemptions and deductions
1. to be moderate in; to be temperate in; to not do too much of
2. to refrain (from doing); to withhold (an announcement, comment, etc.)
3. to be beside; to be close by
1. reserve; spare; backup
2. note; memorandum
3. duplicate; copy; stub (of a ticket, etc.); receipt
4. waiting one's turn
1. to hang (hold) back; to hold off; to refrain; to reduce or cut back on
2. to jot down a note
1. to speak with restraint; to understate; to downplay; to put it mildly; to say the least
控え目に言う 【ひかえめにいう】、控えめにいう 【ひかえめにいう】、控目に言う 【ひかえめにいう】、ひかえ目に言う 【ひかえめにいう】