Words — 1 found
1. to be temperate in; to refrain; to abstain; to hold back; to restrain oneself from excessive ...
- You should refrain from smoking.
2. to make notes; to jot down (e.g. phone number)
- しじ 。
- The teacher told the pupils to put those words down in their notebooks.
3. to be in preparation for; to be in waiting for
4. to be soon; to be in the offing
- She was nervous before the entrance exam.
5. to be in a close relationship (e.g. as a backer, etc.)
- The small retail outlet is only a front for a much larger entity.