Words — 92 found
1. to receive; to get
- うけ 。
- People of 65 and above get a pension from the government.
2. to catch (e.g. a ball)
3. to be struck by (wind, waves, sunlight, etc.)
4. to sustain (damage); to incur (a loss); to suffer (an injury); to feel (influence)
- う 。
- We received an eviction notice.
5. to undergo (e.g. surgery); to take (a test); to accept (a challenge)
- We gladly accept your offer.
6. to be given (e.g. life, talent)esp. 受ける, 享ける
7. to find funny; to find humorous; to be amused (by)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる
8. to follow; to succeed; to be descended fromesp. 受ける, 享ける
9. to face (south, etc.)
10. to be modified bylinguistics terminology, esp. 受ける, 承ける
11. to obtain (a pawned item, etc.) by paying a feeSee also 請け出す, esp. 請ける, now primarily used in compound words
12. to be well-received; to become popular; to go down wellUsually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる, うける
- My joke went over very well.
請ける 【うける】、承ける 【うける】、享ける 【うける】、ウケる
1. consent; approval; acceptance; agreement; compliance
2. AcceptanceAcceptance in human psychology is a person's assent to th... Read more
1. knowledge; awareness
- We know that all men are mortal.
2. consent; acceptance; assent; admitting; compliance; agreement; acknowledgment; acknowledgement
- All right. I'll accept your offer.
3. forgiving; pardoning; excusingusu. in the negative as 承知しない
1. recognition; acknowledgement; acknowledgment; approval; consent; agreement
1. to hear; to be told; to knowHumble (kenjougo)
- しょうたい 、
- うけたまわ 。
- Today, we received your invitation to the exhibition with pleasure.
2. to receive (order); to undertake; to comply; to take (a reservation, etc.)
- Is anybody waiting on you?
受け賜る: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. acknowledgement; acknowledgment; understanding (e.g. "please be understanding of the mess during our renovation"); noting; acceptanceSee also ご了承
諒承 【りょうしょう】、領承 【りょうしょう】
1. inheritance; succession; accession
2. share-alikeLaw, etc. term
1. acknowledged; accepted; agreed
- It is accepted that we'll have a meeting tomorrow.
Common word Links
1. handing down (information); legend; tradition; folklore; transmission
2. FolkloreFolklore (or lore) consists of legends, music, oral histo... Read more
1. popularity; favour; favor; reception
2. defense; defence; reputation
4. receiver of technique (e.g. in martial arts)
請け 【うけ】、承け 【うけ】
1. accepting; consenting; agreeing; submission; compliance; agreement; consent
1. Jōgen era (1207.10.25-1211.3.9); Shōgen era
2. Jōgen (Kamakura period)Jōgen was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, lit. year name)... Read more
1. passing on by word of mouth; oral tradition
2. Oral traditionOral tradition and oral lore is cultural material and tra... Read more
1. Eishō era (1046.4.14-1053.1.11)
2. Eishō (Heian period)Eishō was a Japanese era name after Kantoku and before Te... Read more