Words — 443 found
2. SeatA seat is place to sit, often referring to the area one s... Read more
1. to sit; to squat
- すわ 、
- た 。
- Some students were sitting on the bench and having lunch.
2. to assume (a position)
3. to hold steady; to hold stillesp. 据わる, 据る
坐る 【すわる】、据わる 【すわる】、据る 【すわる】
据る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. zabuton (flat floor cushion used when sitting or kneeling; usu. rectangular)
2. ZabutonA zabuton (座布団) is a Japanese cushion for sitting. The za... Read more
座ぶとん 【ざぶとん】、座蒲団 【ざぶとん】、坐蒲団 【ざぶとん】
1. constellation; star sign; zodiac sign
2. ConstellationIn modern astronomy, a constellation is an internationall... Read more
1. to be; to existPolite (teineigo), Usually written using kana alone, See also 御座る
1. Ginza (shopping district in Tokyo)
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
2. (Edo period) silver mint
3. Ginzais a district of Chūō, Tokyo, located south of Yaesu and ... Read more
1. seat; place
- てにい 。
- Finally she attained a position of power.
2. position; status
- This is a direct broadcast from the Showa theater.
3. gathering; party; company; atmosphere (of a gathering)
4. stand; pedestal; platform
5. (historical) trade guild
6. attaches to the names of constellations
7. attaches to the names of theatres, cinemas and theatrical troupes
8. counter for theatres, deities, Buddhist images, tall mountains, and satokagura songsSee also 里神楽
9. Za (guilds)The za were one of the primary types of trade guilds in f... Read more
1. zazen (seated Zen meditation, usu. in a cross-legged position)Buddhist term
2. ZazenIn Zen Buddhism, zazen is a meditative discipline practit... Read more
1. chief seat; seat of honor; seat of honour; head of the table
3. Kamizais the Japanese language term referring to the "top seat"... Read more
1. leaving one's seat (before an event is over); excusing oneself (from a meeting, conversation, etc.)
2. Naka no ShibaiNaka no Shibai (中の芝居, Central Theatre), also known as Nak... Read more
1. academic teaching unit; lectureship; professorial chair
2. course (e.g. of lectures)
1. immediate; right there on the spot; impromptu; instant; instantaneous
1. party; those present; troupe
- That actress is the shining star in the company.
2. first seat
1. seiza; kneeling with the tops of the feet flat on the floor, and sitting on the soles
1. to sit down (and bask); to sit-in (in protest)
座りこむ 【すわりこむ】、坐り込む 【すわりこむ】、坐りこむ 【すわりこむ】
1. for the time being; for the present; temporarily; for a time
- I am staying with my uncle for the time being, but later I will move to a small apartment.
2. immediate; present; current
3. for some time (after)
4. current accountSee also 当座預金
- Deposit this check in my checking account.