Words — 25 found
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. (addressee's) name; (recipient's) name and address
宛て名 【あてな】、あて名 【あてな】
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. as if; as it were; as thoughUsually written using kana alone, usu. as あたかものようだ, あたかものごとし, etc.
2. right then; just then; at that momentUsually written using kana alone
恰も 【あだかも】、宛も 【あたかも】、宛も 【あだかも】
1. little by little
少し宛 【すこしずつ】、少しづつ 【すこしづつ】、少し宛 【すこしづつ】
少し宛: Out-dated kanji. 少し宛: Out-dated kanji.
1. to allot; to allocateUsually written using kana alone
- The obsequious waiter is usually assigned the best table because he always curries favor with his manager and superiors.
2. to supply with; to furnishUsually written using kana alone
- I provided him with food.
3. to fit to; to fasten to; to apply toUsually written using kana alone
- On Christmas day, Tom still had his right leg in plaster.
宛てがう 【あてがう】、充てがう 【あてがう】
1. one by one; one each; one at a timeSee also ずつ
一つ宛 【ひとつずつ】、一つづつ 【ひとつづつ】、一つ宛 【ひとつづつ】
1. addressing (e.g. writing an address on an envelope)
- I addressed the envelope containing the invitation.
1. kanji used as a phonetic symbol, instead of for the meaning; phonetic-equivalent character; substitute character
2. kanji used for their meaning, irrespective of reading
3. AtejiIn modern Japanese, ateji (当て字, 宛字 or あてじ, literally "ass... Read more
あて字 【あてじ】、宛字 【あてじ】、宛て字 【あてじ】、当字 【あてじ】
当字: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. two at a time; two by two; in twos
二つ宛 【ふたつずつ】、二つづつ 【ふたつづつ】、二つ宛 【ふたつづつ】、二つ宛 【ふたつあて】、二つあて 【ふたつあて】