Words — 127 found
1. left and right
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. influence; control; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
4. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. right; right hand side
- Turn right at the second corner.
2. afore-mentioned (esp. in vertical Japanese writing); foregoing; forgoing; aboveSee also 右に同じ
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. things that do not exist; rabbit hornsBuddhist term, Idiomatic expression, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
1. right hand
2. right-hand side; right-hand direction; (on) the right
1. right foot
- ご 、
- ふ 。
- Today, after riding, while grooming the horse I carelessly got my right foot trod on.
2. right leg
- I got my right leg hurt in the accident.
1. (by) one's side; nearby location; place close to one's person; area by one's hand
2. youHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), epistolary style, sometimes also used as the name of the recipient
1. right armSee also 左腕
2. right-hand man; right hand; right-hand personOnly applies to みぎうで
3. right-handed pitcherBaseball term, Only applies to うわん
1. one's desk-side book
- This book is a must for every student studying English.
1. right armpit; right side
- かかえ 。
- He is carrying a parcel under his right arm.
1. right-wing (politics)Antonym: 左翼
2. extreme right-wing groupSee also 右翼団体
3. right wing (bird, plane, etc.)
4. right field; right flank; right wingSports term
5. right fielderBaseball term, Abbreviation, See also 右翼手
6. high rank; high grade; A-student
7. Right-wing politicsIn politics, the Right, right-wing and rightist have been... Read more
1. far right (in politics); extreme right; ultraconservative
2. Far-right politicsFar-right, extreme right, hard right, radical right, and ... Read more