Words — 70 found
1. to strike; to clap; to knock; to beat; to tap; to pat
- An ugly man knocked on my door.
2. to play drums
3. to abuse; to bash; to flame (e.g. on the Internet); to insult
- The newspapers opened fire on the politician.
4. to consult; to sound out
5. to brag; to talk big
6. to call; to invoke (e.g. a function)Computer terminology
敲く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to slap; to strike; to spankUsually written using kana alone
引っぱたく 【ひっぱたく】、引っ張たく 【ひっぱたく】
引っ張たく: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to drive into (e.g. a nail into a board); to hit into (e.g. a home run into the stands)
2. to throw into (e.g. jail)
3. to drum into (someone) (an idea, skill, etc.); to hammer into; to drill into
- おも 。
- I intend to hammer this idea into the student's heads.
たたき込む 【たたきこむ】、叩きこむ 【たたきこむ】
1. to throw violently against; to slam against; to strike; to slap something onto; to dash (e.g. to the floor)
2. to thrust at someone (e.g. a letter)
叩き付ける 【たたきつける】、たたき付ける 【たたきつける】
1. to begin to strike
2. to kick out; to forcefully expel; to fire (someone)
- たたきだ 。
- She beat off a big snake with a plastic toy bat.
3. to hammer (pattern, etc.) into metal
1. to wake up; to rouse out of bed
2. to knock on the door and wake someone
叩き起こす 【たたきおこす】、たたき起こす 【たたきおこす】
1. to blink (one's eyes); to wink; to batまたたく is sometimes used transitively
- またた 。
- A fishing light wavers under the lee of an island.
2. to twinkle (e.g. stars); to flicker; to waver
- またた 。
- The candle's flame is flickering in the soft breeze.
瞬く 【まばたく】、瞬く 【まだたく】
Common word Links
1. mince (minced meat or fish)Only applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き, Only applies to タタキ
2. seared skipjack tunaOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き, See also 鰹
3. robbery; extortionSlang, Only applies to 叩き, Only applies to 敲き
4. hard-packed dirt (clay, gravel, etc.) floor; concrete floorusu. 三和土 (gikun)
5. whipping; lashing; beatingOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to タタキ
6. criticizing; bashing; flamingOnly applies to 叩き, Only applies to タタキ
敲き 【たたき】、三和土 【たたき】、タタキ
1. shoulder massage (performed by tapotement)
2. tap on the shoulder (request to resign)
1. being excessively cautious; knocking on a strong stone bridge before crossing itIdiomatic expression
1. to chatter pointlessly; to waste one's breath
1. to encourage to do (something); to urge a person on; to demand actionIdiomatic expression
2. to spank; to give a spanking; to hit someone on the bottom; to beat someone's backside