Words — 147 found
1. sashimi (raw sliced fish, shellfish or crustaceans)
2. SashimiSashimi is a Japanese delicacy. It consists of very fresh... Read more
1. business card
2. Business cardBusiness cards are cards bearing business information abo... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. EmbroideryEmbroidery is the art or handicraft of decorating fabric ... Read more
刺しゅう 【ししゅう】、刺繡 【ししゅう】
1. stimulus; impetus; incentive; encouragement; motivation; provocation; excitement; thrill
刺戟 【しげき】、剌激 【しげき】
剌激: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to get irritated; to get annoyed; to be on the edge; to fret; to lose patienceUsually written using kana alone
苛苛 【いらいら】、刺々 【いらいら】、刺刺 【いらいら】、イライラ
刺々: Out-dated kanji. 刺刺: Out-dated kanji.
1. to stick into (of something with a sharp point); to prick; to pierce; to get stuck (in); to lodge (in)
1. thorn; spine; prickle
- Life has its sorrows, as every rose has its thorns.
2. splinter (esp. lodged in one's flesh); hard sharp item (esp. lodged in one's throat, e.g. fish bone)
- と 。
- I can't get this splinter out of my finger.
3. biting words
- There was a bite in his remark.
Common word Links
1. satire; irony; sarcasm
2. SatireSatire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in... Read more
1. to stab; to pierce; to thrust
突きさす 【つきさす】、突刺す 【つきさす】、つき刺す 【つきさす】
1. Arctic tern (Sterna paradisaea)Usually written using kana alone
2. Arctic TernThe Arctic Tern (Sterna paradisaea) is a seabird of the t... Read more
1. Urtica thunbergiana (species of stinging nettle)Usually written using kana alone
2. Stinging nettleStinging nettle or common nettle, Urtica dioica, is a her... Read more
蕁麻 【いらくさ】、イラクサ、蕁麻 【じんま】、蕁麻 【おいら】
蕁麻: Out-dated kanji. 蕁麻: Out-dated kanji. おいら: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 蕁麻: Out-dated kanji.
1. stab wound; puncture wound; bite (e.g. from a insect); sting; prick
1. tattoo (esp. a traditional Japanese one); tattooing
2. TattooFor other meanings of the word, see tattoo (disambiguatio... Read more
1. stabbing to death
2. putting outBaseball term
3. PutoutIn baseball statistics, a putout (denoted by PO or fly ou... Read more
1. to stick into; to pierce; to run into
突刺さる 【つきささる】、突きささる 【つきささる】