Words — 106 found
1. sword (esp. Japanese single-edged); katana
- れんしゅう ？」「
- "Practising sword throwing?" "It just slipped out of my hands."
2. scalpelOnly applies to とう
3. chisel; burin; graverOnly applies to とう, See also 彫刻刀 ちょうこくとう
4. knife money (knife-shaped commodity money used in ancient China)Only applies to とう, See also 刀銭
5. BackswordA backsword is a type of European sword characterized as ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. scissors; shears; clippersUsually written using kana alone, See also 螯 はさみ
2. hole punchUsually written using kana alone
剪刀: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. razorUsually written using kana alone
2. RazorA razor is a bladed tool primarily used in the removal of... Read more
剃刀 【かみすり】、剃刀 【そり】、カミソリ
かみすり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. wooden sword
3. BokkenA bokken (木剣, bok, "wood", and ken, "sword") (or commonly... Read more
木刀 【ぼくっとう】、木刀 【ぼくた】、木刀 【きがたな】
ぼくっとう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぼくた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. きがたな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. long sword (esp. the tachi, worn on the hip edge down by samurai); large sword
2. straight single-edged Japanese sword (from the mid-Heian period or earlier)Historical term, Only applies to 大刀, Only applies to たち
3. guandao; Chinese glaiveOnly applies to 大刀, Only applies to だいとう
4. TachiThe tachi is one type of traditionally made Japanese swor... Read more
大刀 【たち】、横刀 【たち】、大刀 【だいとう】、横刀 【だいとう】
横刀: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 横刀: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. bamboo sword (for kendo); bamboo fencing stickMartial arts
2. Shinaiis a weapon used for practice and competition in kendo re... Read more
1. short sword; knife; dagger; dirk; tantō
2. TantōA tantō is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords ... Read more
1. Ninja sword
2. NinjatōThe Ninjato, also known as ninjaken or shinobigatana, is ... Read more
1. short sword; small sword
2. KodachiA kodachi, literally translating into "small or short tac... Read more
1. straight sword
2. ChokutōThe chokutō is a straight uncurved Japanese sword that wa... Read more
1. butcher's knife; chef's knife
2. Chef's knifeIn cooking, a chef's knife, also known as a French knife ... Read more
1. safety razor
2. Safety razorA safety razor is a shaving implement with a protective d... Read more