Words — 46 found
1. specular reflectionComputer terminology
2. Specular reflectionSpecular reflection is the mirror-like reflection of ligh... Read more
1. reflection in a mirror; reflected image; mirror image
2. inverse (of a point)Mathematics
3. mirror imageMathematics
4. Mirror imageA mirror image is a reflected duplication of an object th... Read more
2. Reflection (mathematics)In mathematics, a reflection (also spelled reflexion) is ... Read more
1. mirror-shaped mochi, usu. a pair stacked in order of size with a daidai on top, used as a New Year offering, then cut and eaten on January 11.
2. Kagami mochi, literally mirror rice cake, is a traditional Japanese N... Read more
鏡餠: Out-dated kanji.
1. cutting the New Year's rice cake (January 11th)
2. traditional breaking of a sake cask at weddings, receptions, etc.
3. Kagami birakiKagami Biraki (鏡開き) is a Japanese traditional ceremony wh... Read more
1. panel; scene-panel
2. painted backdrop (panel at the back of a noh stage), on which a pine tree is paintedsymbolically a reflection of tree at the front of the stage
1. room behind the curtain of a noh stage, where the actors prepare; greenroom (noh); mirror room
2. hall of mirrors (at Versailles)
1. flowers reflected on a mirror and the moon reflected on the water's surface; something that is visible but having no substance; the subtle and profound beauty of poems that cannot be described in wordsYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. Dosinia japonica (species of Venus clam)Usually written using kana alone