Words — 13 found
1. cutting the New Year's rice cake (January 11th)
2. traditional breaking of a sake cask at weddings, receptions, etc.
3. Kagami birakiKagami Biraki (鏡開き) is a Japanese traditional ceremony wh... Read more
1. mirror-shaped mochi, usu. a pair stacked in order of size with a daidai on top, used as a New Year offering, then cut and eaten on January 11.
2. Kagami mochi, literally mirror rice cake, is a traditional Japanese N... Read more
鏡餠: Out-dated kanji.
1. Dosinia japonica (species of Venus clam)Usually written using kana alone
1. room behind the curtain of a noh stage, where the actors prepare; greenroom (noh); mirror room
2. hall of mirrors (at Versailles)
1. panel; scene-panel
2. painted backdrop (panel at the back of a noh stage), on which a pine tree is paintedsymbolically a reflection of tree at the front of the stage