Words — 35 found
1. heavy; weightyAntonym: 軽い
- とはかぎ 。
- Great bulk does not always mean great weight.
2. heavy (feeling); depressed; gloomy; blue; uneasy
- おも 。
- A sense of trouble ahead oppressed his spirits.
3. slow; sluggish; lumbering; ponderous; clumsy
4. important (position, responsibility, etc.); serious; grave
- I don't like to take on such heavy responsibilities.
5. serious (punishment, illness, etc.); severe; critical
- "Is he seriously ill?" "I hope not."
6. solid; established; dignified; sensible
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. (company) director; executive; top managementOnly applies to じゅうやく
2. important post; role with heavy responsibilities
おもやく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. heavy; weighty
2. heavy (feeling, atmosphere, etc.); serious; gloomy; depressing
1. to respect; to honor; to honour; to esteem; to prize
1. load; heavy burden; encumbrance; heavy freight; heavy responsibility
2. weight (e.g. of someone's words); burden; grandeur; dignity
3. importance; significance
重味: Irregular kanji usage.
1. stone weight (as used on pickle-tub covers)Abbreviation, See also 重し石, esp. 重石
- Lightly weigh the tofu down, leave it for about 20 minutes then drain.
2. weight (as used in balances)
Common word JLPT N1 Links