Words — 124 found
1. to cover; to hide; to conceal; to wrap; to disguise
被う 【おおう】、掩う 【おおう】、蔽う 【おおう】、蓋う 【おおう】
1. (suffering) damage; injury; harm
1. to put clothes on (someone); to dress; to clothe
- きせ 。
- Kate is dressing her doll.
2. to cover; to coat; to plate; to gild; to veneer
3. to pin (e.g. a crime on someone); to lay (blame); to charge (with an offence); to give (a bad name); to remind someone of (their indebtedness)
1. to cover (with something); to put on (e.g. on someone else's head); to plate something (with a metal); to pour or dash a liquid (on something); to charge (a person with a guilt)Usually written using kana alone
1. to put on (one's head); to wear; to have on; to pull over (one's head); to crown (oneself)Usually written using kana alone
- い 。
- I asked her who the man wearing the white hat was.
2. to be covered with (dust, snow, etc.); to pour (water, etc.) on oneself; to dash on oneself; to ship waterUsually written using kana alone
- The machine was coated with dust.
3. to bear (e.g. someone's debts, faults, etc.); to take (blame); to assume (responsibility); to shoulder (burden)Usually written using kana alone
- みず 、
- Refugees will suffer lack of food, water, medicine and all that.
4. to overlap (e.g. sound or color)
5. to be similar; to be redundant
6. to be fogged (due to overexposure, etc.)of film
7. to close; to come to an endof a play, etc.
8. to get a full house; to sell outof a play, etc.
9. to blunder; to bungle; to failArchaism, See also 毛氈を被る, of a play, etc.
10. to be deceivedArchaism
被る 【かむる】、冠る 【かぶる】、冠る 【かむる】
1. victim; injured party; sufferer
1. subject (of a medical experiment, etc.); test subject; trial subject; testeeOnly applies to 被験者
2. examinee (of a full-body scan, etc.)
1. to suffer; to receive (kindness, rebuke, support); to sustain (damage)
1. country that has been a victim of nuclear bombing
- Japan is the only nation to have been hit by nuclear bombs.