Words — 113 found
1. to hear
- You can hear English on Channel 1, and Japanese on Channel 7.
2. to listen (e.g. to music)esp. 聴く
- "Did you hear the lecture in that class yesterday?" asked the student.
3. to ask; to enquire; to query聴く is used in legal and official contexts
4. to hear about; to hear of; to learn of
5. to follow (advice, order, etc.); to obey; to listen to; to comply with
6. to hear (e.g. a plea); to grant (a request); to accept (e.g. an argument); to give consideration to
7. to smell (esp. incense); to sample (a fragrance)See also 香を聞く
8. to taste (alcohol); to tryalso 利く
1. to be heard; to be audible
- き 。
- Oh, I can hear you clearly.
2. to be said to be; to be reputed
- He has a reputation as being straight as an arrow. He'd never get involved in corruption.
聞える 【きこえる】、聴こえる 【きこえる】、聴える 【きこえる】
聴こえる: Irregular kanji usage. 聴える: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to catch (someone's words); to make out; to follow; to understand
2. to ask about (a situation, circumstances, etc.); to inquire
聴き取る 【ききとる】、聞きとる 【ききとる】、聞取る 【ききとる】、聴取る 【ききとる】
1. to listen attentively to; to be lost in
聴き入る 【ききいる】、聞きいる 【ききいる】、聴きいる 【ききいる】、聞入る 【ききいる】、聴入る 【ききいる】
1. to get information out of a person
2. to begin listening
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. listening comprehension; aural comprehension
2. hearing what others say; gathering information, opinions, etc.; public hearing
聴き取り 【ききとり】、聞取り 【ききとり】、聴取り 【ききとり】
1. to grant (a wish); to accede; to comply with; to heed
1. to let (someone) hear; to tell (e.g. a story); to inform (of)
- I had trouble making him hear me calling for help.
2. to make (someone) listen; to make (someone) understand; to drum into (someone)
- You might as well reason with the wolf as try to persuade that man.
3. to grip (someone) with skilful singing, storytelling, etc.; to hold (someone) enchanted by
1. to turn a deaf ear to; to not listen to; to not get the message
1. learning by ear
2. memory of having heard something beforeSee also 聞き覚えがある
- The voice on the phone was unfamiliar to me.
1. inexcusable; unpardonable; can't be allowed to pass (without comment)
- ききず 。
- I cannot let it go unchallenged.
1. to recognize by sound (recognise); to identify by sound
2. to understand; to be reasonable
1. to hear; to catch (the sound of something)
2. to hear about (rumour, etc.); to overhear; to learn of (something)
3. to get used to hearing
聞き付ける 【ききつける】、聞付ける 【ききつける】
1. being able to hear something (clearly); clearness of a sound; reception (e.g. of a radio station)
2. reputation; renown; fame; hearsay
3. impression (that something gives off); respectability
4. sonoritylinguistics terminology
5. Sonority hierarchyA sonority hierarchy or sonority scale is a ranking of sp... Read more