Words — 32 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. Zen monkObscure term, See also 禅僧
- まいにちまいにち 、
- What? A little soup and celery is all I get? I'm not a Zen monk. I can't survive on an austerity diet like this.
1. abdication (of a Chinese emperor) in favor of a virtuous successor (as opposed to an heir)
2. smooth transference of power (responsibility, etc.)
1. wisdom obtained from meditationBuddhist term
2. wisdom and meditationBuddhist term
1. monk; priest, particularly a high-ranking Zen monk honored by the imperial courtHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
ぜんし: Irregular kana usage.
1. dhyana-samadhi (meditative concentration)Buddhist term
2. ascetic practice atop a sacred mountain (in Shugendō)See also 修験道
3. mountain top
1. method of Buddhist study and practice that is based in meditative concentration; meditative methods used in Zen BuddhismBuddhist term