Words — 28 found
1. field (for fruits, vegetables, etc.); cultivated land; vegetable plot; kitchen garden; plantation
- When spring comes, they dig up the fields and plant seeds.
2. field (of specialization); sphere; areaOnly applies to はたけ, ばたけ when suf
- そだ 。
- He has had a long teaching career.
3. womb; birth; birthplaceColloquialism, Only applies to はたけ
4. Field (agriculture)In agriculture, the word field refers generally to an are... Read more
畑 【はた】、畠 【はたけ】、畠 【はた】
1. clustered domecap (Lyophyllum decastes); fried chicken mushroomUsually written using kana alone
2. Lyophyllum decastesLyophyllum decastes, commonly known as the fried chicken ... Read more
1. Japanese grass vole (Microtus montebelli)Usually written using kana alone
2. any rodent of subfamily Arvicolinae (incl. voles, lemmings and muskrats)
3. Japanese Grass VoleThe Japanese Grass Vole (Microtus montebelli) is a specie... Read more
1. useless book learning; knowing the theory but being able to put it into practice; practising swimming in a fieldIdiomatic expression, Jocular, humorous term
1. ground squirrel (esp. the Daurian ground squirrel, Spermophilus dauricus)Usually written using kana alone