Words — 718 found
1. in a lively way; vividly; freshly; animatedly; actively; energetically
1. existence; being; survival
- Hope of finding the child alive is fading rapidly.
2. to exist; to live; to survive
- No animal can exist without plants.
1. to bear fruitUsually written using kana alone
1. to build up; to establishUsually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- も 。
- He has an ambition to make a name for himself as a writer.
2. to form; to become (a state)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- Locusts came in big swarms.
3. to accomplish; to achieve; to succeed inUsually written using kana alone
- Human beings have achieved a lot more than animals.
4. to change intoUsually written using kana alone
- ちが 。
- You don't practice what you preach.
5. to do; to performUsually written using kana alone, esp. 為す
6. to intend to; to attempt; to tryArchaism
1. to grow; to spring up; to sprout
- はえ 。
- As a tadpole grows, the tail disappears and legs begin to form.
2. to cut (teeth)
- This child is teething now.
1. impertinent; saucy; cheeky; conceit; audacious; brazen; feisty
1. to make (the best) use of; to put to good use; to leverage (skills, attributes, experience, etc.); to capitalise on (experience, etc.)
2. to let live; to keep alive
3. to revive; to resuscitate; to bring back to life
- い 。
- We used emergency measures to revive the cardiac arrest patient.
4. to restore (a deleted passage; in proofreading)
2. menstruation; one's period; mensesSee also 月経
1. life and death
- That fight seemed like a life-or-death struggle.
2. samsara (cycle of death and rebirth)Buddhist term, Only applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
3. deathOnly applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
生死 【しょうし】、生死 【しょうじ】
1. birth and growth; giving birth and raising; development; breeding
1. to give birth; to bear (child); to lay (eggs)
2. to produce; to yield; to give rise to; to deliver
1. by nature; by birth; naturally; natural; innate
生れつき 【うまれつき】、生まれ付き 【うまれつき】、生れ付き 【うまれつき】
1. to grow; to cultivate; to wear a beard
1. to arrange (flowers); to plant
- She likes to arrange flowers.
2. living; liveOnly applies to 生ける
2. BiologyBiology is a natural science concerned with the study of ... Read more
Common word Links
2. ProductivityProductivity is a measure of the efficiency of production... Read more
Common word Links
2. EcologyEcology (from Greek: οἶκος, "house"; -λογία, "study of") ... Read more