Words — 21 found
1. to become clear (water, air, etc.); to become transparent
- す 。
- The water is clear to the bottom.
2. to resonate clearly (e.g. voice)
3. to become serene; to become tranquil; to be free of worries
4. to pronounce as an unvoiced soundSee also 清音
1. to clear; to make clear
2. to be unruffled; to look unconcerned; to feign indifference
3. to look demure; to look prim; to put on airs
4. to strain (one's ears); to listen carefullySee also 耳を澄ます みみをすます
1. to put on airs; to affect (e.g. importance); to look wise
- He's putting on airs.
すまし込む 【すましこむ】、澄ましこむ 【すましこむ】
1. to be perfectly clear (water, air, etc.); to clear upSee also 澄む
1. primness; prim personOnly applies to 澄まし, Only applies to 清まし, Only applies to 清し, Only applies to 洗, See also お澄まし
2. clear soupAbbreviation, See also すまし汁
3. water for rinsing sake cups (at a banquet, etc.)Only applies to 澄まし, Only applies to 清まし, Only applies to 清し, Only applies to 洗
清まし 【すまし】、清し 【すまし】、洗 【すまし】、清汁 【すまし】
1. clear soup
澄まし汁 【すましじる】、清し汁 【すましじる】、清まし汁 【すましじる】、澄し汁 【すましじる】
澄し汁: Irregular okurigana usage.