Words — 164 found
1. to ferry across (e.g. a river); to carry across; to traverse
- Please take me over to the other side.
2. to lay across; to build across
3. to hand over; to hand in; to pass; to give; to transfer
- Then, please give him this note. This is urgent.
1. to cross over; to go acrossusu. 渡る or 渉る
- The bridge is safe; you can drive across.
2. to extend; to cover; to range; to spanSee also にわたって, usu. 亘る or 亙る
- This ceremony has been handed down from generation to generation.
亘る 【わたる】、渉る 【わたる】、亙る 【わたる】、弥る 【わたる】
渉る: Rarely-used kanji form. 亙る: Rarely-used kanji form. 弥る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. migratory bird; bird of passage
2. Bird migrationBird migration is the regular seasonal journey undertaken... Read more
1. to fight (with); to cross swords; to compete (with)
2. to argue (with); to have an argument; to have a dispute
1. crossing; passage; transit
2. importing; import
3. wandering; wanderer
4. migrationSee also 渡り鳥
5. contact; relations; negotiationsSee also 渡りを付ける
6. connection (in the game of go)usu. as ワタリ
8. Animal migrationAnimal migration is the relatively long-distance movement... Read more
1. roofed corridor connecting two buildings; connecting passageway
2. skyway; skybridge; skywalk
1. lesser Ryukyu shrew (Crocidura watasei); Watase's shrewUsually written using kana alone
2. Lesser Ryukyu ShrewThe Lesser Ryukyu Shrew, or the Watase's Shrew (Crocidura... Read more
1. wandering albatross (Diomedea exulans)Usually written using kana alone
2. Wandering AlbatrossThe Wandering Albatross, Snowy Albatross or White-winged ... Read more
1. common raven (Corvus corax)Usually written using kana alone
2. Common RavenThe Common Raven (Corvus corax), also known as the Northe... Read more
渡り烏 【わたりがらす】、渡烏 【わたりがらす】、ワタリガラス
1. ferry landing; point of departure or arrival for ferriesSee also 渡船場
渡場: Irregular okurigana usage.