Words — 57 found
1. to hold or carry under or in the arms
- You should grab your bag and hurry home.
2. to have (esp. problems, debts, etc.)
- The Union of South Africa has had racial problems in recent years.
3. to employ; to engage; to hire
- かかえ 。
- Young as he is, he has a large family to support.
1. to embrace; to hold in the arms (e.g. a baby); to hug
- That child felt secure in his mother's arms.
2. to harbour (e.g. grudge); to harbor; to bear; to have (e.g. ambition); to entertain (e.g. hope, suspicion)Only applies to いだく
- The experience prejudiced her in favor of the Democratic Party.
3. to have sex with; to make love to; to sleep withOnly applies to だく
4. to sit on eggsOnly applies to だく
抱く 【うだく】、懐く 【いだく】、懐く 【うだく】、抱く 【だく】
うだく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うだく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to hug someone close; to hold someone tight; to embrace closely
2. DakishimeruDakishimeru is BoA's 17th Japanese single, and fifth lowe... Read more
抱き締める 【だきしめる】、抱締める 【だきしめる】
1. to hold a thing in one's arms; to carry in one's arms; to embrace (e.g. a baby)
2. to take upon oneself; to be saddled with
かかえ込む 【かかえこむ】、抱えこむ 【かかえこむ】
1. very funny; laugh oneself into convulsions; split one's sides laughingYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to hug tight; to grasp firmly; to embrace tightly
1. hug; carrying in one's arms (a baby, pet, doll, etc.)Children's language
1. to hold in one's arms
2. to bring over a person to one's side; to involve
1. to hold; to carry; to embrace (in one's arms)
1. incorporating language; polysynthetic language
2. Polysynthetic languageIn linguistic typology, polysynthetic languages are highl... Read more
1. body pillow; hug pillow
2. DakimakuraA dakimakura (from daki "to embrace or cling" and makura ... Read more
1. to cause to embrace; to combine; to conjoin
2. to sell strong-selling products and poorly selling products together as a package
抱き合せる 【だきあわせる】、抱合わせる 【だきあわせる】、抱合せる 【だきあわせる】
1. to hold a person back; to restrain; to catch in one's arms
抱き留める 【だきとめる】、抱き止める 【だきとめる】、抱留める 【だきとめる】