Words — 787 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeSlang, police, crime reporter jargon
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. deck (of playing cards on table, face down, from which cards are drawn); stackSee also 山札
11. wall; wall tileMahjong
12. temple; temple groundsArchaism
14. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. Mt.; Mountafter the name of a mountain
2. Mt.; MountSee also 山号, after a temple's honorific mountain name
1. mountain range; mountain belt
2. Mountain rangeA mountain range is a geographic area containing numerous... Read more
1. mountain chain; mountains
山嶽: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. forest fire; bushfire; wildfire
2. WildfireA wildfire is any uncontrolled fire in combustible vegeta... Read more
1. mountain hut (esp. one that offers lodging to climbers and hikers); mountain cottage; mountain shanty
2. Mountain hutA mountain hut (also known as alpine hut, mountain shelte... Read more
1. common camellia (Camellia japonica)
- The tea tree is a kind of camellia.
2. tea produced in the mountainsArchaism, Only applies to さんちゃ
3. CamelliaCamellia, the camellias, is a genus of flowering plants i... Read more
山茶 【つばき】、海石榴 【つばき】、山茶 【さんちゃ】、ツバキ
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica); Japanese horseradishUsually written using kana alone
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. parade float; festival float
2. Float (parade)A float is a decorated platform, either built on a vehicl... Read more
花車 【だし】、山車 【さんしゃ】
1. (many) mountains
- と 。
- The mountains in this part of the country are full of variety.
2. very much (wanting to do something one cannot); greatly; reallyUsually written using kana alone, as 〜たいのはやまやまだが..., 欲しいのはやまやまだが..., etc.
- おも 。
- Much as I'd like to come, I'm afraid I'll be too busy.
3. so many; a lot ofUsually written using kana alone
1. summit (of a mountain)
1. mountain road; mountain trail
山道 【さんどう】、山道 【せんどう】
1. mountain climbing; mountaineering
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. mountain forest; forest on a mountain; montane forest
2. mountains and forest