Words — 72 found
1. buttocks; behind; rump; bottom; hips
- おいかけ 。
- He's always chasing girls.
2. undersurface; bottom
3. last place; end
臀 【しり】、後 【しり】
1. tail (animal)
2. tail end; tip
しりお: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lazy; indolent; reluctant to get up off one's backside
- こま 。
- My daughter's slowness to take action is a pain.
1. buttocks of a horse being ridden or followedSee also 尻馬に乗る
2. blind imitation
- Don't follow anybody blindly.
1. cleaning up somebody else's mess; carrying the canIdiomatic expression
2. ass-wiping; arse-wipingliteral meaning
1. rear wheelOnly applies to こうりん, Only applies to あとわ
2. cantleOnly applies to あとわ, Only applies to しずわ, Only applies to しりわ
後輪 【あとわ】、後輪 【しずわ】、後輪 【しりわ】、尻輪 【しりわ】
1. to dominate (usu. one's husband)
- しりにし 。
- His wife leads him by the nose.
1. to follow suit; to imitate or follow someone blindlyIdiomatic expression
- Just how tiresome was it to argue straight against the phrase "Don't blindly follow America's lead!"
2. to ride on someone's back; to ride someone's coattails; to take advantage (e.g. of another's popularity)Idiomatic expression
- しりうまにの 。
- The LDP rode on the wave of Koizumi's popularity.
1. to fall on one's backsideSee also 尻餅
尻餅を付く 【しりもちをつく】、尻餅を着く 【しりもちをつく】
1. to encourage to do (something); to urge a person on; to demand actionIdiomatic expression
2. to spank; to give a spanking; to hit someone on the bottom; to beat someone's backside
1. fast; brisk
2. careless; thoughtless; impudent; rash
3. (of a woman) wanton; promiscuous