Words — 69 found
1. buttocks; behind; rump; bottom
- おいかけ 。
- He's always chasing girls.
2. undersurface; bottom
3. last place; end
臀 【しり】、後 【しり】
1. tail (animal)Usually written using kana alone
しりお: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lazy; indolent; reluctant to get up off one's backside
- こま 。
- My daughter's slowness to take action is a pain.
1. buttocks of a horse being ridden or followedSee also 尻馬に乗る
2. blind imitation
- Don't follow anybody blindly.
1. cleaning up somebody else's mess; carrying the canIdiomatic expression
2. ass-wiping; arse-wipingliteral meaning
1. rear wheelOnly applies to こうりん, Only applies to あとわ
2. cantleOnly applies to あとわ, Only applies to しずわ, Only applies to しりわ
後輪 【あとわ】、後輪 【しずわ】、後輪 【しりわ】、尻輪 【しりわ】
1. to dominate (usu. one's husband)
- しりにし 。
- His wife leads him by the nose.
1. to follow suit; to imitate or follow someone blindly
- Just how tiresome was it to argue straight against the phrase "Don't blindly follow America's lead!"
2. to ride on someone's back; to ride someone's coattails; to take advantage (e.g. of another's popularity)
- しりうまにの 。
- The LDP rode on the wave of Koizumi's popularity.
1. to fall on one's backsideSee also 尻餅
尻餅を付く 【しりもちをつく】、尻餅を着く 【しりもちをつく】
1. to encourage to do (something); to urge a person on; to demand actionIdiomatic expression
2. to spank; to give a spanking; to hit someone on the bottom; to beat someone's backside
2. traditional ceremony where the newly-wed wife, upon entering her new home, was hit on the rump with a straw bundle etc., to ensure her fertility
3. SpankingSpanking refers to the act of striking the buttocks of an... Read more
1. fast; brisk
2. careless; thoughtless; impudent; rash
3. (of a woman) wanton; promiscuous
1. tucking up the hem of one's garmentsSee also 尻端折り
尻っ端折: Irregular okurigana usage.