Words — 6 found
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. to be grounded on; to be based on; to be due to; to originate from
基付く 【もとづく】、基く 【もとづく】
基く: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be grounded on; to be based on; to be due to; to originate fromSee also 基づく
もとずく: Irregular kana usage.