Words — 111 found
1. force; strength; might; vigour (vigor); energy
- You are twice as strong as I.
2. capability; ability; proficiency; capacity; faculty
- You've lost the ability to concentrate.
3. efficacy; effect
- Chocolate acts to prevent LDL oxidisation.
4. effort; endeavours (endeavors); exertions
5. power; authority; influence; good offices; agency
- Accepting the other's norms is submitting to the other's power.
6. support; help; aid; assistanceSee also 力になる
7. stress; emphasis
- It might not be worth much, but you have my support.
8. means; resources
9. ForceIn physics, a force is any influence that causes an objec... Read more
1. to endeavor (endeavour); to try; to strive; to make an effort; to exert oneself; to be diligent; to be committed (to doing something)
勉める 【つとめる】、力める 【つとめる】
1. powerful; strong; forceful; vigorous
- The dancers look delicate in their white dresses, but they are really as strong as horses.
2. reassuring; encouraging
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. as much as possible; as far as possible; to the best of one's ability; diligently
- A fowl flying up from water is careful not to make it turbid.
勉めて 【つとめて】、力めて 【つとめて】
1. mechanics; dynamics
2. MechanicsMechanics is the branch of science concerned with the beh... Read more
1. ability; capacity; capability; talent
2. physical strength
力倆: Out-dated kanji.
1. emphasis; stress; main point; importance
2. point of a lever where force is applied
1. sumo wrestler; rikishiSumo term
- My sister cheers young sumo wrestlers.
2. strong man
1. with all one's strength; with might and main; as hard as one can
1. (brute) force; using all one's might
力尽く 【ちからずく】、力尽 【ちからずく】、力尽く 【ちからづく】、力尽 【ちからづく】
力尽: Irregular okurigana usage. 力尽: Irregular okurigana usage.