Words — 2 found
1. to descend; to go down; to come down
- There is a school down the mountain.
2. to be handed down (of an order, judgment, etc.)
- くだ 。
- He was given ten years and his wife three.
3. to pass (of time)
4. to surrender; to capitulate
5. to be less than; to be inferior tooften in neg. form
6. to have the runs; to have diarrheaSee also 腹が下る, also written as 瀉る
7. to pass (in stool); to be discharged from the body
8. to depreciate oneself; to be humbleArchaism
1. to come down; to go down; to fall; to drop; to sink; to get lowerAntonym: 上がる
2. to hang; to dangle
3. to move back; to step back; to withdraw; to retire
4. to deteriorate; to fall off; to be downgraded
5. to get closer to the present day
6. to go southin Kyoto
下る: Irregular okurigana usage.