Words — 2 found
1. to make a decision; to draw a conclusion
- The question is who will make the decision.
2. to give a judgement; to hand down a verdict; to pass a sentence; to give an order
- The verdict at issue in these discussions is the one brought in the Lander's trial in 1994.
3. to let go down; to lower
4. to do oneself; to do by oneselfSee also 手を下す
- な 。
- There's nothing to be done about it.
5. to beat; to defeat
6. to have loose bowels; to have diarrhea
7. to pass (in stool); to discharge from the body
8. to do in one go; to do to the end without stoppingafter -masu stem of verb
1. to take down; to bring down; to lower (a hand, flag, shutter, etc.); to drop (an anchor, curtain, etc.); to let down (hair); to launch (a boat)
- Can you bring down my trunk from upstairs?
2. to drop off (a passenger); to let off; to unload (goods, a truck, etc.); to offload; to dischargeesp. 降ろす
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
3. to withdraw (money)
- Please draw a hundred thousand yen from the bank.
4. to use for the first time; to wear for the first time
5. to cut off; to fillet (fish); to grate (e.g. radish); to prune (branches)
6. to remove (someone from a position); to oust; to dropesp. 降ろす
7. to clear (the table); to remove (offerings from an altar); to pass down (e.g. old clothes); to hand down
8. to expel from the body (e.g. worms); to abort (a fetus)See also 堕ろす
9. to invoke (a spirit); to call down
降ろす 【おろす】、下す 【おろす】
下す: Irregular okurigana usage.