Words — 14 found
1. whole life; a lifetime; all through life; one existence; a generation; an age; the whole world; the era
- You must study your whole life.
2. (the only, the greatest, etc.) of one's life
- A home is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase so you don't want to make any snap decisions.
1. very hard; with utmost effort; as hard as one can; with all one's might; for dear life; eagerly; desperatelyYojijukugo (four character compound)
一生けんめい 【いっしょうけんめい】、一生けん命 【いっしょうけんめい】
1. (strict) observance of the Buddhist precept of lifelong celibacyYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. once in one's life; once in a lifetimeYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. something that will last a lifetime (esp. high-quality products)
一生もの 【いっしょうもの】、一生物 【いっしょうもの】
1. something that will last a lifetime (esp. high quality product)See also 一生モノ
1. striving to adopt ascetic practices for one's whole lifeBuddhism