Words — 564 found
1. salt (i.e. sodium chloride); common salt; table saltesp. しお
2. salt (e.g. sodium chloride, calcium sulfate, etc.)Chemistry term, esp. えん
3. hardship; toil; troubleOnly applies to しお
4. saltinessFood term, Only applies to しお
5. SaltSalt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a crysta... Read more
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong term, also read はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood term
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. saucepan; pot
2. stew; hot potFood term
3. Cookware and bakewareCookware and bakeware are types of food preparation conta... Read more
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, such as beans, peas, pulses, etc.); beans; peas
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood term, Colloquialism
5. miniature; tiny
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. seed (e.g. of a plant); pip; kind; variety; quality; tone
- は 。
- You must sow before you can reap.
2. material (e.g. for an article); matter (e.g. of a story); subject; theme; (news) copy
3. ingredient; leaven (bread); main ingredient of a sushiFood term
4. cause; source
- If you do that, you're going to subject yourself to ridicule.
5. trick; secret; magician's trick; inside story
6. paternal blood; lineageSee also 胤
7. breed (of a stock); sperm; semen
1. yakiniku; Japanese dish of grilled meat similar to Korean barbecueFood term
2. roasted meat; grillFood term
3. YakinikuYakiniku (焼き肉 or 焼肉), meaning "grilled meat", is a Japane... Read more
1. sukiyaki; thin slices of beef, cooked with various vegetables in a table-top cast-iron panFood term
2. SukiyakiSukiyaki (Japanese: 鋤焼 or more commonly すき焼き) is a Japane... Read more
すき焼 【すきやき】、鋤焼き 【すきやき】、鋤焼 【すきやき】、剥焼 【すきやき】、寿喜焼 【すきやき】、スキヤキ
寿喜焼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tie up; bind; fastening; tightening
2. sum; total amount; total
3. judo choking (strangling) techniquesMartial arts term
4. last meal eaten when going restaurant hoppingFood term
5. completion; conclusion; rounding offSee also 締めくくり しめくくり
6. counter for bundles; counter for faggots; counter for bundles of 2000 sheets of paper
7. end mark; closure markesp. 〆
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. lamp; lightSee also 洋灯 ランプ, From English , From Dutch; Flemish
- だ 。
- This lamp sends out a powerful beam.
- Incidentally a motorway ramp is being constructed in the neighbourhood, a few hundred metres away, of my clinic.
3. rumpFood term
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. lever; joystick
- くだ 。
- Please push up the lever.
2. liverFood term, See also 肝臓
1. deep-fried foodFood term
から揚げ 【からあげ】、唐揚 【からあげ】、空揚げ 【からあげ】、空揚 【からあげ】、カラ揚げ 【カラあげ】、カラアゲ
1. sweet half sake; sweet drink made from fermented riceFood term
2. Amazakeis a traditional sweet, low- or non-alcohol (depending on... Read more
1. dish of raw fish and vegetables seasoned in vinegarFood term, Usually written using kana alone
2. Kuai (dish)Kuai is a Chinese dish consisting of finely cut strips of... Read more
1. katsuobushi; small pieces of sliced dried bonitoFood term
2. Katsuobushi, also known as okaka is the Japanese name for dried, fer... Read more
鰹節 【かつおぶし】、カツオ節 【カツオぶし】、鰹節 【かつぶし】