Words — 1883 found
1. cute; adorable; charming; lovely; prettyUsually written using kana alone
- Jill is smart as well as pretty.
2. dear; precious; darling; petUsually written using kana alone
- My children are very precious to me.
3. innocent; childlike; childish; lovableUsually written using kana alone
- Look at the cute little baby sleeping in the cradle.
4. dainty; cute little; tinyUsually written using kana alone
5. KawaiiKawaii (literally, "lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is t... Read more
可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. かわゆい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableUsually written using kana alone, also いい (all senses)
- Hope to see you again next year.
2. sufficient (can be used to turn down an offer); ready; prepared
- い 。
- "I'm going to see your father today, about career counselling." "You don't need to bother with that."
3. profitable (e.g. deal, business offer, etc.); beneficial
- あるひ 、
- で 。
- One day I had a phone call from a friend. "There's a nice little earner, won't you come round?" so I went to his house.
- You may go on condition that you return by five.
善い 【よい】、好い 【よい】、佳い 【よい】、吉い 【よい】、宜い 【よい】
宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. new; novel; fresh; recent; latest; up-to-date; modern
新らしい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. wanted; wished for; in need of; desiredSee also 欲しがる
- I want a knife to sharpen my pencil with.
2. I want (you) toUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- I'd like two copies of each of these documents.
1. long (distance)Only applies to 長い
- の 。
- Her hair grew back.
2. long (time); lengthy
- It'll be a long time before she gets over her father's death.
1. high; tallOnly applies to 高い, Antonym: 低い
- Banks charge higher interest on loans to risky customers.
2. expensive; high-priced
- おも 。
- I'm afraid that place is a little too expensive.
3. high (level); above average (in degree, quality, etc.)
5. high-pitched; shrill
高価い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. difficult; hard; troublesome; complicated; serious (disease, problem, etc.)
2. fussy; particular; fastidious; hard to please; displeased
3. gloomy; glum; sullen; serious (look)
4. dirty; unclean; filthy; detestableArchaism
5. unpleasant; uncomfortable; creepy; spookyArchaism
難しい 【むつかしい】、六借しい 【むずかしい】、六借しい 【むつかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むずかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むつかしい】
六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. busy; occupied; hectic
2. restless; hurried; fidgetyOnly applies to せわしい
忙がしい 【いそがしい】、忙しい 【せわしい】
忙がしい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. fast; quick; hasty; briskesp. 速い, 疾い, 捷い
- はや 」
- おそ 」
- はんたい 。
- "Fast" is the opposite of "slow."
2. early (in the day, etc.); prematureesp. 早い
- If it is useful for improving your life, it cannot be done too soon.
3. (too) soon; not yet; (too) earlyesp. 早い
4. easy; simple; quickSee also 手っ取り早い, esp. 早い
- Heck, with oboe players there are those who, rather than search for a reed that suits them, find it faster to make their own.
速い 【はやい】、疾い 【はやい】、捷い 【はやい】
疾い: Out-dated kanji. 捷い: Out-dated kanji.
1. enjoyable; fun; pleasant; happy; delightful
愉しい 【たのしい】、娯しい 【たのしい】
愉しい: Irregular kanji usage. 娯しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. interesting; fascinating; intriguing; enthralling
- Is this your interesting book?
2. amusing; funny; comical
- She told her children an amusing story.
3. pleasant; enjoyable; agreeable; fun
- This book makes pleasant reading.
1. old (not person); aged; ancient; antiquated; stale; threadbare; outmoded; obsolete article
故い 【ふるい】、旧い 【ふるい】
1. strong; potent; competent; domineering; tough
- かん 。
- The angler felt a strong tug on the line.
2. strong; brawny; powerful; healthy; rugged
- つよ 。
- This material will stand up to lots of washings.
3. good (at); skilled; knowledgeable
4. being able to handle; know how to deal (with); durable (against); resistant (to); resilientas 〜に強い
5. firm; rigid; solid
6. intense; strong; fierce; high
7. dependable; trustworthy
1. big; large; great
3. extensive; spacious
4. important; decisive; valuable
5. older; grown up
1. slow; time-consuming; sluggishOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
- My pulse is slow.
2. late (in the day); towards the end (of the day or night); until a time far into the day or nightOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
- He came home late last night.
3. later (than expected or usual); late; behind schedule; behind time; tardy; overdue; unpunctualOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
4. too late; having missed the boatOnly applies to 遅い, Only applies to 晩い
5. dull; stupidArchaism, Only applies to 遅い, Only applies to 鈍い
鈍い 【おそい】、晩い 【おそい】、遲い 【おそい】
遲い: Out-dated kanji.
1. small; little; tiny
2. slight; below average (in degree, amount, etc.); minor; small
3. low (e.g. sound); soft (e.g. voice)
4. unimportant; petty; insignificant; trifling; trivial
5. young; juvenile
1. warm; mild; (pleasantly) hot暖かい usu. refers to air temperature
2. considerate; kind; genialOnly applies to 温かい
3. warm (of a colour); mellowOnly applies to 暖かい
4. having enough moneyOnly applies to 暖かい
暖かい 【あったかい】、温かい 【あたたかい】、温かい 【あったかい】、暖い 【あたたかい】、暖い 【あったかい】
暖い: Irregular okurigana usage. 暖い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. few; a little; scarce; insufficient; seldom
少い 【すくない】、尠い 【すくない】、寡い 【すくない】
少い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. red; crimson; scarlet; vermilion; vermillion紅い is esp. for scarlet
- Helen blushed at their praise.
2. Red; communist
紅い 【あかい】、朱い 【あかい】、緋い 【あかい】、丹い 【あかい】、赭い 【あかい】
朱い: Out-dated kanji. 緋い: Out-dated kanji. 丹い: Out-dated kanji. 赭い: Out-dated kanji.