Words — 224 found
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableUsually written using kana alone, also いい (all senses)
- Hope to see you again next year.
2. sufficient (can be used to turn down an offer); ready; prepared
- い 。
- "I'm going to see your father today, about career counselling." "You don't need to bother with that."
3. profitable (e.g. deal, business offer, etc.); beneficial
- あるひ 、
- で 。
- One day I had a phone call from a friend. "There's a nice little earner, won't you come round?" so I went to his house.
- You may go on condition that you return by five.
善い 【よい】、好い 【よい】、佳い 【よい】、吉い 【よい】、宜い 【よい】
宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. what was said; what it means; origin of a story (or tradition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, usu. as 〜のいい
1. committee member
- The committee are all present.
1. to start talking; to speak; to tell; to propose; to suggest; to break the ice
- Was this somebody else's idea?
言いだす 【いいだす】、言出す 【いいだす】
- Two wrongs don't make a right.
- Jane insisted that she was right.
言いわけ 【いいわけ】、言訳 【いいわけ】、言い分け 【いいわけ】、言分け 【いいわけ】
1. irresponsible; perfunctory; carelessUsually written using kana alone
- Don't give me that!
2. lukewarm; half-baked; halfhearted; vague
- Don't do the job just any old way.
3. reasonable; moderate (usu. in suggestions or orders)See also いい加減にする
- I'm about tired of this quiet life.
4. considerably; quite; rather; pretty
- He's just about had enough of the Smiths' TV.
好い加減 【いいかげん】、好加減 【いいかげん】
好加減: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to tell (to do); to order; to charge; to direct
- He did exactly as I had told him.
2. to tell on (someone); to report
- You can tell him for all I care.
3. to often say
言い付ける 【いいつける】、言付ける 【いいつける】
1. no; nayUsually written using kana alone
2. well; er; whyUsually written using kana alone
- おも ？」「
- "What do you think?" "Well, I'm for it."
3. you're welcome; not at all; don't mention itUsually written using kana alone
否 【いいや】、否 【いえ】、否 【いな】、否 【いや】
1. committee; commission; board; panel; committee meeting
- The committee passed the bill.
2. CommitteeA committee (or "commission") is a type of small delibera... Read more
1. way of talking; speaking style
- おも 。
- I was ashamed of having said so.
1. one's say; one's point
2. complaint; grievance; objection; excuse
1. committee chairman
- Mr Smith was announced as the succeeding chairman.
1. to announce; to tell; to sentence; to order
- いいわた 。
- I was discharged without notice.
1. to declare; to assert; to state definitively
2. to finish saying; to say it all; to finish one's sentence
言いきる 【いいきる】、言切る 【いいきる】