Words — 107 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. alkaliUsually written using kana alone, From Dutch; Flemish
2. AlkaliIn chemistry, an alkali is a basic, ionic salt of an alka... Read more
亜爾加里: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. home town; birthplace; native place; one's old homeUsually written using kana alone
2. ruins; historic remainsArchaism, Only applies to ふるさと
ふる里 【ふるさと】、古里 【ふるさと】、旧里 【ふるさと】、故里 【ふるさと】、故郷 【こきょう】、旧里 【きゅうり】
1. Paris (France)Usually written using kana alone
巴里: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. totally at a loss; lose one's bearings; in a maze; in a fog; all at sea; up in the air; mystified; bewilderedYojijukugo (four character compound)
五里夢中: Irregular kanji usage.
1. one swift effort; rush through one's work; fast-talking, writing, etc.Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. returning home; visiting one's parents; new bride's first visit to parents
1. gray-headed lapwing (Microsarcops cinereus); grey-headed lapwingUsually written using kana alone
2. Kheri (India); Keri
3. Grey-headed LapwingThe Grey-headed Lapwing (Vanellus cinereus) is a lapwing ... Read more