Words — 90 found
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
- と 。
- The plane flew over the mountain.
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- と か。
- How high can you jump?
3. to spatter; to scatter; to splash; to fly (e.g. of sparks)
4. to hurry; to rush
- かんが 。
- She thought of the fine autumn day when she had rushed home from school with the good news; she was chosen to be on the relay team.
5. to flee; to run off; to escape
6. to disappear; to vanish; to fade; to thin out
7. to break off; to come off; to fall off; to blow (of a fuse)
- と 。
- A fuse has blown.
8. to be sent out (of an order); to fly (of false rumours, catcalls, etc.)
- と 。
- Word is passing that the Prime Minister is seriously ill.
9. to come flying (of a punch, kick, etc.)
10. to be missing (of a page, stitch, etc.); to skip; to jump (e.g. of a conversation)
- と 。
- He frequently jumps from one topic to another while he is talking.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to jump out; to rush out; to fly out
- The speeding car missed the child, who ran out into the road, by only a hairsbreadth.
2. to appear (suddenly)
3. to protrude; to project
- とびだ 。
- The cartilage has slipped out here.
4. to butt in
5. to run away (e.g. from home); to break away; to cut ties with (e.g. workplace)
飛びだす 【とびだす】、飛出す 【とびだす】、跳び出す 【とびだす】、跳びだす 【とびだす】
1. to jump; to leap; to prance; to spring up; to bound; to hop
- Look at the dog jump.
2. to break up; to close; to come to an end
3. to hit (e.g. to have a car hit something or someone)instead of 撥ねる
1. skipping rope; jump rope
2. skipping; rope-jumping
- In the United States it is popular for girls to learn to skip rope.
3. Skipping ropeJump rope or skipping rope is the primary tool used in th... Read more
1. triple jump; hop, step and jump
2. Triple jumpThe triple jump (sometimes referred to as the hop, step a... Read more
1. to jump down; to jump off; to jump from; to jump out of
飛び降りる 【とびおりる】、跳び降りる 【とびおりる】、飛降りる 【とびおりる】
1. to jump over; to clear; to walk over (someone)
1. to fly about; to skip about; to bustle about
飛びまわる 【とびまわる】、跳び回る 【とびまわる】、跳びまわる 【とびまわる】、飛回る 【とびまわる】、跳回る 【とびまわる】
1. to jump up; to spring up
2. to jump (market, price, etc.); to rise sharply; to skyrocket
3. to act rashly; to jump the gun
はね上がる 【はねあがる】、跳ね上る 【はねあがる】
1. to rebound; to recoil; to spring back up; to bounce back
2. to splash
3. to have a repercussion; to have a reciprocal effect
1. to jump at; to be attracted by
飛びつく 【とびつく】、跳び付く 【とびつく】、跳びつく 【とびつく】、飛付く 【とびつく】、跳付く 【とびつく】
1. to spring at; to leap upon; to swoop down on; to throw oneself upon (e.g. an enemy)
飛びかかる 【とびかかる】、跳び掛かる 【とびかかる】、跳びかかる 【とびかかる】
1. to jump (out of the way); to jump back; to jump aside
飛びのく 【とびのく】、跳び退く 【とびのく】、跳びのく 【とびのく】