Words — 137 found
1. to receive; to get
- うけ 。
- People of 65 and above get a pension from the government.
2. to catch (e.g. a ball)
3. to be struck by (wind, waves, sunlight, etc.)
4. to sustain (damage); to incur (a loss); to suffer (an injury); to feel (influence)
- う 。
- We received an eviction notice.
5. to undergo (e.g. surgery); to take (a test); to accept (a challenge)
- We gladly accept your offer.
6. to be given (e.g. life, talent)esp. 受ける, 享ける
7. to find funny; to find humorous; to be amused (by)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる
8. to follow; to succeed; to be descended fromesp. 受ける, 享ける
9. to face (south, etc.)
10. to be modified byLinguistics, esp. 受ける, 承ける
11. to obtain (a pawned item, etc.) by paying a feeSee also 請け出す, esp. 請ける, now primarily used in compound words
12. to be well-received; to become popular; to go down wellUsually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる, うける
- My joke went over very well.
請ける 【うける】、承ける 【うける】、享ける 【うける】、ウケる
1. to receive; to get; to accept
- うけと 。
- I cannot accept this gift.
2. to take; to interpret; to understand
- She seems to have taken my remark as an insult.
受けとる 【うけとる】、受取る 【うけとる】、請け取る 【うけとる】、請取る 【うけとる】、うけ取る 【うけとる】
招待 【しょうだい】、請待 【しょうたい】、請待 【しょうだい】
しょうだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しょうだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. claim; demand; charge; application; request; billing (for a service)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. receiving; receipt
受け取り 【うけとり】、受取 【うけとり】、受け取 【うけとり】、請け取り 【うけとり】、請取り 【うけとり】、請取 【うけとり】、請け取 【うけとり】
1. appeal; call for something; request; claim; demand
1. to beg; to pester; to plead; to coax; to hound; to importuneUsually written using kana alone
- He finally talked his father into buying a new car.
2. PetitionA petition is a request to do something, most commonly ad... Read more
1. to contract; to undertake
- うけお 。
- He has taken all this work for nothing.
2. to take over; to take responsibility for
1. to undertake; to take on (task)
2. to assure; to guarantee; to vouch (for); to promise
受け合う 【うけあう】、請合う 【うけあう】、受合う 【うけあう】
1. asking for the moon; pining for what one doesn't have; thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence; asking for too much; asking for the impossibleUsually written using kana alone
無い物ねだり 【ないものねだり】、ない物ねだり 【ないものねだり】、無いもの強請り 【ないものねだり】、無い物強請り 【ないものねだり】
2. repeating (someone else's words, opinion, etc.); parroting; echoing; telling at second hand
- You are telling it second hand, aren't you?
受売り 【うけうり】、請け売り 【うけうり】、請売り 【うけうり】