Words — 1 found
1. to receive; to get
- うけ 。
- People of 65 and above get a pension from the government.
2. to catch (e.g. a ball)
3. to be struck by (wind, waves, sunlight, etc.)
4. to sustain (damage); to incur (a loss); to suffer (an injury); to feel (influence)
- う 。
- We received an eviction notice.
5. to undergo (e.g. surgery); to take (a test); to accept (a challenge)
- We gladly accept your offer.
6. to be given (e.g. life, talent)esp. 受ける, 享ける
7. to find funny; to find humorous; to be amused (by)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる
8. to follow; to succeed; to be descended fromesp. 受ける, 享ける
9. to face (south, etc.)
10. to be modified byLinguistics, esp. 受ける, 承ける
11. to obtain (a pawned item, etc.) by paying a feeSee also 請け出す, esp. 請ける, now primarily used in compound words
12. to be well-received; to become popular; to go down wellUsually written using kana alone, esp. ウケる, うける
- My joke went over very well.
請ける 【うける】、承ける 【うける】、享ける 【うける】、ウケる