Words — 159 found
1. rough; wild; violent; rude; coarse; harsh; fierce; heavy (e.g. breathing)
2. immoderate; extravagant; reckless
1. to lay waste; to devastate; to damage
- Who destroyed the garden?
2. to invade; to break into
- あ 。
- They robbed my orchard.
3. to troll (e.g. web forums); to spamComputer terminology, Colloquialism
- I just don't understand what goes through the minds of people who troll forums.
荒す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. wild; violent; rough-mannered; rude
2. rough (e.g. work); crude; coarse; careless
1. stormy weather
2. Severe weatherSevere weather refers to any dangerous meteorological phe... Read more
1. to be stormy; to be rough
- The sea grew wilder and wilder.
2. to be rough (of skin); to be chapped
- あ 。
- I have chapped lips.
3. to be ruined; to fall into ruin
4. to be in a bad temper; to lose one's temper
1. raging waves; stormy seas
2. hardships; troubles; adversities
1. rough; wild; rude; harsh; gruff; violent
1. drastic treatment; rough-and-ready treatment; drastic remedy
2. drastic measures; drastic steps
1. absurd; nonsensical; preposterousYojijukugo (four character compound)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. outline; summary; argumentUsually written using kana alone
荒筋 【あらすじ】、あら筋 【あらすじ】
1. wasteland; wilderness; abandoned land; devastated land
2. The Wasteland (poem by T.S. Eliot)
荒れ地 【あれち】、荒地 【こうち】
1. (Internet) troll; disturber
- まちが 、
- Just one slip and you'll be mistaken for a troll and flamed.
2. raising havoc; laying waste; trolling; vandalism
3. robbery; holdupSee also アパート荒らし アパートあらし
4. robber; thief
5. Troll (Internet)In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammat... Read more
1. to grow wild; to run to waste; to become degenerate
2. to become rough (of art, craft, etc.); to lose refinement; to deteriorate (of skill)
3. to intensify (of wind, rain, etc.); to become more severeusu. after -masu stem
進む 【すさむ】、遊む 【すさむ】
1. to rampage; to run wild; to go berserk; to run amok
2. to be violent (waves, wind, etc.); to be rough
1. to eat up and spoil (e.g. crops); to eat away; to devour; to wolf down
- The insect ate the peach hollow.
2. to eat a bit of everything
3. to encroach upon; to take over; to steal (e.g. support)
食い荒す 【くいあらす】、食荒らす 【くいあらす】