Words — 37 found
1. laugh; laughterSee also 笑う
- The baby is not old enough to be capable of hostile laughter.
2. smileSee also 笑う
- う 、
- たか 。
- Our smile, which is understandable in the context of Japanese culture, sometimes causes a lot of confusion and is notorious among foreign people as a mysterious smile.
3. sneerSee also 笑う, esp. 嗤い
- わら 』
- ちょうしょう 』。
- "No, no! That isn't the smiling face we are looking for." It was a 'smirk' either that or a 'sneer'.
4. sex aids (e.g. dildos, pornographic books, erotic woodblock prints, etc.)
5. LaughterLaughing is a reaction to certain stimuli. It may ensue f... Read more
咲い 【わらい】、嗤い 【わらい】、笑 【わらい】
笑: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. roar of laughter (from multiple people); burst of laughter; uproarious laughter
2. laughing hard (by a single person)Colloquialism
1. insincere smile; ingratiating smile; polite smile; forced smile
あいそ笑い 【あいそわらい】、あいそ笑 【あいそわらい】、愛想笑い 【あいそうわらい】
1. laughing at an inappropriate time; not being able to hold back one's laughter
2. scornful laughter; snicker; sniggerColloquialism
1. heart-to-heart communication; thought transference; holding a flower and subtly smilingYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Flower SermonWithin Zen, and thus from an emic perspective, the origin... Read more
1. laughing a ringing laugh; having a hearty laugh; roaring with laughterYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. one's mood; one's caprice; a smile or a frownYojijukugo (four character compound)