Words — 89 found
1. (approximate) time; around; about; towardUsually written using kana alone, ごろ when used as a suffix
- お 。
- Most dinner parties break up about eleven o'clock.
2. suitable time (or condition)See also 食べ頃
- It's about time you got married.
3. time of year; season
- She has been ill since about summer.
頃 【ごろ】、比 【ころ】、比 【ごろ】
1. ratio; proportion
- ひ ４％
- The index rose 4% from the preceding month.
2. match; equal
3. explicit comparison (style of the Shi Jing)See also 六義
4. PhilippinesAbbreviation, See also 比律賓
5. in comparison with ...after a noun
7. RatioIn mathematics, a ratio is a relationship between two num... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica); Japanese horseradishUsually written using kana alone
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
JLPT N1 Links
1. red-throated loon (Gavia stellata)Usually written using kana alone
2. Red-throated LoonThe Red-throated Loon or Red-throated Diver (Gavia stella... Read more
1. compared to our company's products (a phrase often used in advertising when comparing old and new products); in this company's comparison
- やくはんぶん （
- とうしゃひ ）
- じつげん ！
- As a result of new ultra-light materials, our product now only weighs about half as much as before!
2. as I see it; by my estimateColloquialism
- おも （
- とうしゃひ ）。
- I think there are a lot of beautiful women in Australia (YMMV).
1. compared to previous period; quarter-to-quarter basis; from the previous quarter
1. common loon (Gavia immer); great northern diver; great northern loonUsually written using kana alone
2. Great Northern Loon
1. golden ratio (approx. 1.6180339887)
2. Golden ratioIn mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the go... Read more
1. sex ratio
2. Sex ratioSex ratio is the ratio of males to females in a populatio... Read more